DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BSA Auction Piece (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/263290-bsa-auction-piece-0-1-a.html)

t October 23rd 08 08:51 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson

Swingman October 23rd 08 10:34 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

"t" wrote
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

Gorgeous ... something wrong with the world if it doesn't bust 200.

Keep us posted.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

John Grossbohlin[_2_] October 23rd 08 11:57 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

"t" wrote in message
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Lee Michaels October 24th 08 03:21 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Ouch.

That is taking clueless to a whole new level.

I would have had to bite my tongue if somebody did that to me. Ya know,
keep it legal and all.

Lee Michaels October 24th 08 03:22 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

"t" wrote in message
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Looks nice! I can see where the number one inlay went.

jloomis October 24th 08 03:18 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

beautiful work. should be saved for a "special" auction attraction. No
bids lower than 200.00
jloomis

John Grossbohlin[_2_] October 24th 08 10:00 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask
me to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Ouch.

That is taking clueless to a whole new level.

I would have had to bite my tongue if somebody did that to me. Ya know,
keep it legal and all.

Yeah... I've got scars on my tongue from that one. ;~)

Zz Yzx October 25th 08 01:54 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

For my daughter's school project, I put a ton of hours and a lot of
materials into a trebuchet to throw a marshmellow for a contest.

We got beat by a 12 year old girl with a spoon and a rat trap.

Sometimes, you just gotta' grin and bear it.

-Zz

Digger October 25th 08 03:01 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:54:11 -0700, Zz Yzx
wrote:

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

For my daughter's school project, I put a ton of hours and a lot of
materials into a trebuchet to throw a marshmellow for a contest.

We got beat by a 12 year old girl with a spoon and a rat trap.

Sometimes, you just gotta' grin and bear it.

-Zz

Well...aahh...hemm I helped my youngest daughter build a tooth pick
bridge that had to support a 9 lb paver brick for three minutes (can't
remember the span). We won first place BUT she didn't tell me about
the project til 8:00pm the night before. Walmart ran outa toothpicks
and model glue and dad was up til the wee hours with a hair dryer for
the glue to cure. Geez how I wish the girls were kids again!!!!

Kenneth

t October 25th 08 04:16 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:34:53 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"t" wrote
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

Gorgeous ... something wrong with the world if it doesn't bust 200.

Keep us posted.

Just got back from the auction.

It went for $1000.00 and was bought by the Scoutmaster.

tom watson

Lee Michaels October 25th 08 08:14 AM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

Mr Watson told us

Just got back from the auction.

It went for $1000.00 and was bought by the Scoutmaster.

Outstanding!

It looks like both of you guys are doing good jobs.

Congrats to all involved.

mac davis[_5_] October 25th 08 03:39 PM

BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:51:28 -0400, t wrote:

Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson

I'll bid $6 Tom.. ;-]

Really nice work... How much time do you think you have "invested" in it?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing