Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
t t is offline

Default BSA Auction Piece (0/1)

Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"t" wrote
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

Gorgeous ... something wrong with the world if it doesn't bust 200.

Keep us posted.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"t" wrote in message
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Ouch.

That is taking clueless to a whole new level.

I would have had to bite my tongue if somebody did that to me. Ya know,
keep it legal and all.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"t" wrote in message
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Looks nice! I can see where the number one inlay went.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

You're asking an awful lot of people Tom... ;~)

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask
me to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

Ouch.

That is taking clueless to a whole new level.

I would have had to bite my tongue if somebody did that to me. Ya know,
keep it legal and all.

Yeah... I've got scars on my tongue from that one. ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

For my daughter's school project, I put a ton of hours and a lot of
materials into a trebuchet to throw a marshmellow for a contest.

We got beat by a 12 year old girl with a spoon and a rat trap.

Sometimes, you just gotta' grin and bear it.

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:54:11 -0700, Zz Yzx
wrote:

I understand well as I had a beautiful box with fine handcut dovetails go
for $30 at a charity auction. The high bidder then had the nerve to ask me
to make her another one for $30 for her other daughter!

For my daughter's school project, I put a ton of hours and a lot of
materials into a trebuchet to throw a marshmellow for a contest.

We got beat by a 12 year old girl with a spoon and a rat trap.

Sometimes, you just gotta' grin and bear it.

-Zz

Well...aahh...hemm I helped my youngest daughter build a tooth pick
bridge that had to support a 9 lb paver brick for three minutes (can't
remember the span). We won first place BUT she didn't tell me about
the project til 8:00pm the night before. Walmart ran outa toothpicks
and model glue and dad was up til the wee hours with a hair dryer for
the glue to cure. Geez how I wish the girls were kids again!!!!

Kenneth
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
t t is offline

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:34:53 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"t" wrote
Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

Gorgeous ... something wrong with the world if it doesn't bust 200.

Keep us posted.

Just got back from the auction.

It went for $1000.00 and was bought by the Scoutmaster.

tom watson

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mr Watson told us

Just got back from the auction.

It went for $1000.00 and was bought by the Scoutmaster.

Outstanding!

It looks like both of you guys are doing good jobs.

Congrats to all involved.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:51:28 -0400, t wrote:

Just finished this up this afternoon for the Troop Auction
(fundraiser) on Friday.

Hope it goes for more than five bucks.

tom watson

I'll bid $6 Tom.. ;-]

Really nice work... How much time do you think you have "invested" in it?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing