Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default TrollFilter file

--
Regards,

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:

Thanks.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Man invented language to satisfy his
deep need to complain. --Lily Tomlin

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , "BobS" wrote:
Thanks Doug - got it. Weird that two different ISP's (one in NY, the other
in Fla) would not allow the auto-response.

Probably both of them were filtering the Subject: line ("Automatic response to
your mail") as spam. I checked the incoming traffic to the autoresponder, and
saw at least two, I think three, messages from you, so your requests
definitely were received. I can't say with any degree of certainty that it
responded, but it does respond to me, and Lee Michaels said it responded to
him. So I'm left with the assumption that either your ISPs, or your own email
client, dropped the response message as suspected spam.

--
Regards,

Join the UseNet Improvement Project: killfile Google Groups.
http://www.improve-usenet.org

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey Doug,

I downloaded it, and got your filter.
Please tell me where to find the destructions to install which text into the
filtering program.
I'm not too clear on which part is filter and which isn't. Sorry for being
such a dope.

Thanks,

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , "Kate" wrote:
Hey Doug,

I downloaded it, and got your filter.
Please tell me where to find the destructions to install which text into the
filtering program.

The whole thing replaces the 'nfilter.dat' file.

Easiest way to do that is to highlight the whole body of the email, then press
Control-C or click Edit | Copy.

Then click the NewsProxy icon in the system tray, and click Edit | Filters.
That will bring up the existing filter set in Notepad.

Click Edit | Select All, then Edit | Paste (or press Control-A, Control-V).
Save the file and exit Notepad.

Exit from the news reader, stop and restart NewsProxy, and you're in business.

I'm not too clear on which part is filter and which isn't.

The lines beginning with # are comments, mostly explaining what the other
lines are doing.

Sorry for being such a dope.

Don't be; you're not. A number of people here have been using
NewsProxy/Nfilter for *years*; the comments in the "Change History" section of
my filter file go back to February 2004, and it goes back at least a few
months before that. As a public service to the newsgroup, I made my own filter
file available to anyone who wanted it -- most of whom were *already* running
the program, and already knew how to set it up, hence the lack of installation
instructions in TrollFilter. You could have a look at www.nfilter.org for more
information.