Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)

Hello Everyone,

After a three month wait, my jointer power feeder made its overseas journey
successfully, arriving at work a couple of weeks ago. Work on the house has
held up its installation until tonight.

I assembled the main components and laid them out to see what needed to go
where,

I drilled and tapped two holes in the back of the jointers main casting to
receive the mounting bracket. It wasn't until after I had drilled the holes
that I noticed that I would not be able to swing a regular tap handle for
the hole nearest the fence mounting bracket. I didn't feel like removing the
fence so I used a 12 point 1/4" box end wrench, and with many 1/2 turns, I
had both holes tapped,

Time to mount the power feeder,

I have it so it is pulling just after the cutterhead. I feed the board about
6" past the cutterhead and the power feeder takes over.

I noticed right away that even with the turtle/hare speed selector in turtle
mode, the power feeder was going to be running too fast. I switched out the
primary set of gears for a second set that would allow it to run even
slower,

Time for a test run,

I was not sure what to expect for marks on the back of the board from the
power feeder; and I was happy to see virtually none,

Here is what the business end of the power feeder looks like,

I only ran the one test board tonight, but I am quite pleased. I have 1200
BF of cherry to turn into cabinets and trim around the house, this should
make it easier.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Attached Thumbnails
Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf7-jpg  Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf1-jpg  Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf2-jpg  Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf3-jpg  Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf4-jpg

Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf5-jpg  Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)-jpf6-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

So David, I know it is early yet but does this feeder raise and lower to the
contour od a board that is not perfectly flat? Seems like if it does not
you would have to do a lot of extra feeding your self to guard against
pushing the board down.

Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking 1 December 15th 07 01:04 PM
Power Feeder on a Spindle Connor Aston Woodworking 0 March 31st 06 10:36 AM
Put a Power Feeder on my Router Table (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking 16 December 31st 04 10:40 PM
power stock feeder Peter Woodworking 3 November 14th 04 02:25 AM
Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 06:55 PM