DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   rocking chair project finished (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/222559-rocking-chair-project-finished.html)

Walter Johnson[_2_] November 25th 07 09:11 PM

rocking chair project finished

See the steps in restoring an old rocking chair that was to be thrown
away. Two applications of Rockler's milk paint, two applications of
wipe-on polyurethane. I had intended to sand off the finish in obvious
wear areas but didn't have the heart or experience to do that once it
was finished. It was a fun project that kept me busy at odd moments for
about two months.

http://home.att.net/~big-train/wood.html

Walter.

Edwin Pawlowski November 26th 07 02:32 AM

rocking chair project finished

"Walter Johnson" wrote in message
See the steps in restoring an old rocking chair that was to be thrown
away. Two applications of Rockler's milk paint, two applications of
wipe-on polyurethane. I had intended to sand off the finish in obvious
wear areas but didn't have the heart or experience to do that once it was
finished. It was a fun project that kept me busy at odd moments for about
two months.

http://home.att.net/~big-train/wood.html

Walter.

Many of us would have done the bon fire. Great job.

Patrick[_3_] November 27th 07 04:19 AM

rocking chair project finished

"Walter Johnson" wrote in message
See the steps in restoring an old rocking chair that was to be thrown
away. Two applications of Rockler's milk paint, two applications of
wipe-on polyurethane. I had intended to sand off the finish in obvious
wear areas but didn't have the heart or experience to do that once it was
finished. It was a fun project that kept me busy at odd moments for about
two months.

http://home.att.net/~big-train/wood.html

Walter.

Feels good to salvage a nice piece doesn't it. Very nice job.

Kate December 2nd 07 02:46 AM

rocking chair project finished

Hey Walter, that chair looks GREAT!
I even kinda like the color you picked after all. But if you tell anyone I
said so, I'll deny it LOL

It's great to see something like that loved back to life again.

Kate