Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default working on leg inlays

just showing some pictures of the leg inlays that i am working on for a
federal card table from fww #180. the first one is were i cut out the spot
for the petal. the others are of the finished leg. and one pic of the tools
that i am using to do it.two legs are done just 18 more petals to go and the
legs will be done. i put veneer tape down on the leg to keep from blowing
out the sharp edges and to help to see the knife cuts.

Attached Thumbnails
working on leg inlays-inlay-petal-jpg  working on leg inlays-img_0048-jpg  working on leg inlays-img_0051-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice! I've got the FWW issue you refer to (I buy them only randomly).
This looks like a good project to spice up something otherwise plain.

I've had a router plane on my wish list for a long time. Lee Valley sells
two Stanley repro's made by Veritas. Their model of the #71 is really
nice, a significant improvement. The new "Small" router plane is good too,
and at less than $50 should be on everyone's Christmal wish list. I've got
several inlay projects I've been putting off because I don't want to bother
setting up my Dremel grinder router.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:35:50 -0500, "steven griffey"
wrote:

just showing some pictures of the leg inlays that i am working on for a
federal card table from fww #180. the first one is were i cut out the spot
for the petal. the others are of the finished leg. and one pic of the tools
that i am using to do it.two legs are done just 18 more petals to go and the
legs will be done. i put veneer tape down on the leg to keep from blowing
out the sharp edges and to help to see the knife cuts.

Woohoo! Do those legs go all the way up?

Floor inlays [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 12th 07 09:45 PM
Inlays tomstorey Woodturning 3 September 3rd 06 12:55 AM
A woodwork newbie. Staining sequence when using inlays. Owamanga Woodworking 1 June 13th 06 03:08 AM
chess and backgammon board inlays SteveH Woodworking 0 August 24th 05 08:31 PM
hardwood inlays John Pilhoefer Woodworking 8 April 2nd 05 09:59 AM