DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool gloat... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/217525-tool-gloat.html)

Kevin October 14th 07 10:03 PM

Tool gloat...

1 Attachment(s)
Sort of,
$175.00 on D.C. Craig's List. A cast iron Rockwell lathe.
It needs a little clean up but it runs great.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Kevin October 14th 07 11:06 PM

Tool gloat...

Leif Thorvaldson wrote:
Nice catch. Does that have outboard turning capability also?

Nope, to old for that. You can set up for it to turn off the back of the
head.
Not being a bowl turner I'm not to worried about that.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Gerald Ross October 14th 07 11:41 PM

Tool gloat...

Kevin wrote:
Sort of,
$175.00 on D.C. Craig's List. A cast iron Rockwell lathe.
It needs a little clean up but it runs great.

About 35 cents a pound, sounds like. A good deal.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There's nothing you can do that can't
be done. (John Lennon)

Chris Dubea October 15th 07 12:52 PM

Tool gloat...

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:03:53 -0400, Kevin wrote:

Sort of,
$175.00 on D.C. Craig's List. A cast iron Rockwell lathe.
It needs a little clean up but it runs great.

That's good deal. You now officially suck!

I'm recently relocated to the DC area and have been casually watching
the tools sections of Craigs list. Pretty much everything I've seen
is within 10% of the new price and anything with any age is called
"antique" and the price is as high as real estate.

congrat's on your catch

Casper October 15th 07 03:20 PM

Tool gloat...

Nice! Good deal for that one. Hope you get many, many hours of
enjoyment from it!

`Casper

Sort of,
$175.00 on D.C. Craig's List. A cast iron Rockwell lathe.
It needs a little clean up but it runs great.
Kevin

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Kevin October 19th 07 07:23 PM

Tool gloat...

Chris Dubea wrote:

That's good deal. You now officially suck!

I'm recently relocated to the DC area and have been casually watching
the tools sections of Craigs list. Pretty much everything I've seen
is within 10% of the new price and anything with any age is called
"antique" and the price is as high as real estate.

congrat's on your catch
Chris

Cris,
Welcome to one of the nations "high maintenance" areas.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com