DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toy Truck / Puzzle (0/1) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207385-toy-truck-puzzle-0-1-a.html)

ray May 9th 07 08:59 PM

Toy Truck / Puzzle (0/1)

Here is a good use for left over scraps of wood. This is a puzzle /
truck. When fully assembled and ready for use it looks like this.
There are 25 pieces or
assemblies that make up the finished truck. I also made a spare tire
and spare axels.

The truck is designed to be assembled and taken apart. Here it is
partly put together.

Here are the parts of the truck. Headlights are purple heart. Hood
is cherry with a bloodwood grill. Hub caps, stake sides and trim and
bottom ribs on bed is oak. Bed, fenders, doors and cab front is elm.
The wheels are and seat maple. The steering wheel is koa. The rest
is made from one piece of maple that was half brown and half white.
The most interesting part of this project was the spoked wheels.

More of my projects are at:

http://webpages.charter.net/ray93402...woodwork2.html

http://webpages.charter.net/ray93402.../woodwork.html

Morris Dovey May 10th 07 03:24 AM

Toy Truck / Puzzle (0/1)

ray wrote:

| The truck is designed to be assembled and taken apart. Here it is
| partly put together.

Well yes - I could tell right away that you didn't leave the keys in
the ignition or assemble the shift lever. :-)

It's gotta be for a _very_ special kid...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Edwin Pawlowski May 11th 07 02:04 AM

Toy Truck / Puzzle (0/1)

"ray" wrote in message
The truck is designed to be assembled and taken apart. Here it is
partly put together.

Fantastic idea. Kids don't get enough of that stuff these days.

The other work on your web page is very nice also.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/