DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Request (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/207344-request.html)

RichR April 14th 07 04:56 PM

Request

If anyone can help, kinda new to woodworking.
Looking for plans to build an Adirondack Chair (or 2).
Would appreciate, and would Thank you in advance.

No Name April 14th 07 05:04 PM

Request

RichR wrote:
If anyone can help, kinda new to woodworking.
Looking for plans to build an Adirondack Chair (or 2).
Would appreciate, and would Thank you in advance.

Do a GOOGLE search for "Jake's Chair" .. .. ..

Everyone who has built one says they are THE BEST !!

Will April 14th 07 08:28 PM

Request

New Yankee Workshop

RichR April 14th 07 08:55 PM

Request

Found it....................Thanks a lot for the info.
Much appreciated.

n Sat, 14 Apr 2007 12:04:51 -0400, "__ Bob __"

RichR April 15th 07 12:26 AM

Request

Thanks for the info Will. Greatly appreciated.

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 14:28:50 -0500, "Will" wrote:

New Yankee Workshop

Charley April 15th 07 03:44 AM

Request

The "jakes Chair" is quite large and in my opinion, uncomfortable. I made
one and wasn't happy with it. I ended up choosing the New Yankee Workshop
design, but made one modification. I added a cross brace between the rear
legs just below the seat back, which stiffened the frame considerably. I
also used construction adhesive when assembling them. This chair design has
proven to be very comfortable. I made 8 of them about 9 years ago and all
are still in good shape. They are exposed to the North Carolina weather all
year and only 2 repairs have needed to be made. Two rear slats have
loosened, requiring additional screws to repair them.

--
Charley