DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Super fine steel wool #0000/000 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/89265-super-fine-steel-wool-0000-000-a.html)

Ralph J. Ramirez February 1st 05 06:09 PM

Super fine steel wool #0000/000

Hello,

I have been looking for a US distributor for the Liberon super fine
#0000/000 steel wool. The distributor for Liberon in Fort Bragg, California
no longer stocks the super fine. I have found only 2 other sellers, one in
Australia and 1 in the UK. Anyone know of a US source?

Thanks in advance.....Ralph

Martin Rost February 1st 05 07:04 PM

Ralph,
This place carries Liberon products including the steel wool.
http://www.longislandwoodworkingsupply.com
The fellow is a member of my woodworking and woodturning clubs. You could
also check Highland Hardware, Craftsupplies or google on Liberon for other
sources.
Martin
Long Island NY

Ralph J. Ramirez February 1st 05 07:39 PM

Thanks Martin,

I checked out your link. It doesn't indicate if the steel wool is the
"fine" #0000/000. I emailed them to find out. I will try your other
suggestions......Ralph

Todd Fatheree February 1st 05 11:05 PM

#0000/000 steel wool. The distributor for Liberon in Fort Bragg,

California
no longer stocks the super fine. I have found only 2 other sellers, one

in
Australia and 1 in the UK. Anyone know of a US source?

Thanks in advance.....Ralph

Rockler stocks #0000 Liberon steel wool. Is this different than what you're
looking for?

todd

Nova February 1st 05 11:23 PM

#0000/000 steel wool. The distributor for Liberon in Fort Bragg, California
no longer stocks the super fine. I have found only 2 other sellers, one in
Australia and 1 in the UK. Anyone know of a US source?

Thanks in advance.....Ralph

See:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...00&btnG=Search

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Denis Marier February 3rd 05 11:49 AM

Extra fine steel wool works very well and I have used it a lot.
However, over the years I had a few trips to the emergency room to have
pieces of wool removed from my eyes. I wish I could find a substitute that
works as well.

Ghodges2 February 3rd 05 08:01 PM

Why don't you try synthetic steel wool?
I use it, like it.
Glenn Hodges
Nashville, Ga

Denis Marier February 3rd 05 08:16 PM

Thanks,
I have tried the green, gray and now I am experimenting with the white.
Not as good as the real steel wool but less dangerous for the eyes.
Please let me know what color coding you are using?
TIA

Jgklr2732 February 4th 05 12:16 PM

I have begun using Fibral to rub down a finish. It is a synthetic abrasive in
loose form rather than pad. I have used the medium and fine grades with
satisfaction thus far. It is available from Woodworker's Supply.
Joe Keeler, Cincinnati