robert

Default Back again, and a trip to Ireland!

Hello folks!

After a hiatus lasting way too long, I am back to turning and back to
the net. Hopefully I can stay this way without vanishing again. I
realize that few, if any, will remember me, but I certainly do remember
several of the names that are still here. Hi Arch!

Anyway, I find myself going to Dublin, Ireland in a week and a half and
was wondering if there was anything worth seeing turning-wise or regular
woodworking wise.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Please
respond via email as I will be more likely to see it sooner! Please
remove the SPAM when replying.

Thanks!

Robert
rpturnings.com

hi there robert , i am a woodturner from northern ireland and would be
glad to help you in any way that i can to try and find some woodturning
interests for your trip. i live about 100 miles from dublin which you
may find too far to travel , but u would be very welcome to visit and
see what we (myself and my wife) turn. we are into bowls and make them
from all local hardwoods ash, beech, elm, sycamore, yew etc. the bowls
range from 6-24inch. we also are small time timber suppliers to
woodturners of local harwoods.

there is a woodturning guild for dublin whichi you could contact
through the irish woodturning guild website - im sure someone from
dublin would meet up with you, or your trip may coincide with one of
their monthly meetings which im sure you would be welcome to attend.
also on my own website - www.geocities.com/tulipwoodcrafts there is a
link to a forum for irsh woodturners - there isnt much chat on it -
generally i am just posting messages of what i am cuitting - but plenty
of people watch it and if u post a message detailing your trip yoiu may
get a good response.
any further info required - please email and i will try and help you