Junior Member

Thumbs up Where do I start?

I have a lathe with a sharp chisel. The wood is my problem. I live in east Texas on a fixed income and have to collect wood from the area. I found out that pine is abundant and cheap but not good to turn. I have oak available, how long does it have to dry or does it. I ordered some knives and should be here soon. I love the turning process and I would like to supplement my income locally, any response would help greatly....GOD BLESS...Reggie
ebd

Reggie,

Pine is fine. I use it all the time. Just make sure your cutting edge
is truely sharp. I often make prototypes of a new design before I make
the final in exotic wood. Any job site would probably have tons of 2x8
& 2x10 cutoffs that they would give you free.

Larry