Tom Storey

Default Rotating Face Plate on Tail Stock

I believe Oneway sells a live center and an adapter to attach a face plate
to the tail stock but the pieces are a bit pricy, especially the live
center. Anyone know of a work-around?

Thanks

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

Art Ransom

Yes buy 4 or 5 other brand live centers which will wear out before the
Oneway does. FYI oneway will replace the bearings when the wear out for
free.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
"Tom Storey" wrote in message
I believe Oneway sells a live center and an adapter to attach a face plate
to the tail stock but the pieces are a bit pricy, especially the live
center. Anyone know of a work-around?

Thanks

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

cueboy2

"Art Ransom" wrote in message
Yes buy 4 or 5 other brand live centers which will wear out before the
Oneway does. FYI oneway will replace the bearings when the wear out for
free.

C'mon Art, what are the chances of wearing out a live center on a WOOD
lathe?
Really?

CBII

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org
"Tom Storey" wrote in message
I believe Oneway sells a live center and an adapter to attach a face

plate
to the tail stock but the pieces are a bit pricy, especially the live
center. Anyone know of a work-around?

Thanks

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

George

"Tom Storey" wrote in message
I believe Oneway sells a live center and an adapter to attach a face plate
to the tail stock but the pieces are a bit pricy, especially the live
center. Anyone know of a work-around?

Not sure what you're trying to do, but there are MT to thread adapters, and
live centers like the Nova have an adapter I use for wooden fixtures based
on a 1/4" hanger bolt. Keeps things centered nicely.

billh

"Tom Storey" wrote in message
I believe Oneway sells a live center and an adapter to attach a face plate
to the tail stock but the pieces are a bit pricy, especially the live
center. Anyone know of a work-around?

Thanks

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

A fellow at our turning club had a wooden cup used for turning spheres
mounted on a cheap live center. Bored out hole to fit live center into and
then glued it in with epoxy I think. Not a real faceplate but depends on
what you want it for.
Billh