Dave W

Default Cole Jaws size

I see Cole jaws advertised as 12" and 8".
Is that minimum or maximum?
I have a Jet 1236 that has a max throw of 12"
What are the ranges of each?
What size do I need?

Thanks, Dave

Bruce Ferguson

Dave, I have the same lathe and I went out and checked mine for my vicmarc
chuck. the box was labeled for size 285mm. I took them out of the box and
set them on a table in what would be the closed position. That measured
285mm which looking at the ruler is about 11 1/4 inches. In useing them I
have to have the rubber stoppers close to the size I need else the jaws hit
the bed. They have about an inch of travel. I would probable choose the 8"
version to get more range on opening and closing the jaws. You could
probably e-mail the manufacture and ask them. Maybe someone in the group
who has had more experiance with these can give you a better opinion.

Bruce