Mark Schecter

Default PEG has new use

Researchers at Purdue University have found PEG (polyethylene glycol) to be
effective in helping repair damaged spinal nerves. The study's findings appear
in the December issue of the Journal of Neurotrauma. Here is a link to the
article in the San Francisco Chronicle.

http://tinyurl.com/3k3qq

I haven't used it on wood, but it looks like we may one day be glad it exists.

-Mark
George

PEG is a common ingredient in cosmetics. It also serves a laxative and in
certain pharmaceutical formulations. It's not specified which polymer
weight was used in the experiment, but it's the 1000 which turners use..

"Mark Schecter" wrote in message
Researchers at Purdue University have found PEG (polyethylene glycol) to

be
effective in helping repair damaged spinal nerves. The study's findings

appear
in the December issue of the Journal of Neurotrauma. Here is a link to the
article in the San Francisco Chronicle.

http://tinyurl.com/3k3qq

I haven't used it on wood, but it looks like we may one day be glad it

exists.

-Mark

Mark Schecter

George wrote:

PEG is a common ingredient in cosmetics.

So all this time, it was right under our noses!

Hi, George!

-Mark