AAvK

Default Maxprop, AC motor controller

Today, while looking through a catalog from MLCS, Ltd., a company in the
battleground state of PA, I discovered a variable speed control unit for
routers up to 3 1/4 hp. The specs claim 120V and 15amps, and no loss of
torque from 0 to whatever rpm. Price: $25.

Take a look at this AC controller on eBay, might be the answer:
It tech matches your needs. But I advise, ask the seller who the maker is.

Alex

Maxprop

"AAvK" wrote in message

Today, while looking through a catalog from MLCS, Ltd., a company in the
battleground state of PA, I discovered a variable speed control unit for
routers up to 3 1/4 hp. The specs claim 120V and 15amps, and no loss of
torque from 0 to whatever rpm. Price: $25.

Take a look at this AC controller on eBay, might be the answer:
It tech matches your needs. But I advise, ask the seller who the maker is.

Alex

According to the info George provided, this is for universal brush-type
motors, not the induction motors used on lathes. This appears to be the
same type controller I found in the catalog.

Wow, I already got to use this newly-acquired knowledge.

Max

AAvK

According to the info George provided, this is for universal brush-type
motors, not the induction motors used on lathes. This appears to be the
same type controller I found in the catalog.

....and that's exactly what I could see later on after posting this, "Oh, it's
the same damn thing that won't work for him"....sorry.

Alex