George

Default Re-shaping warped bowls

Without prior planning, the only answer may be "as best you can." Some fine
recentering can be done by using a piece of 3/4 ply on a faceplate inside
the bowl, and a tailstock to steady. Then you can establish (or
reestablish) the hold of choice, and trim the outside round while you're at
it.

I have been using the method shown at
http://personalpages.tds.net/~upgeor...ugh%20Page.htm for quite a
while, using either a pin chuck or the pin jaws. Allows a quick trip to the
drillpress with the dry piece for the big pin, or just a remount, with care,
using the pin jaws.

Whatever method you choose, make sure you have thickness before you begin,
or leave it artsy.

"Keith" wrote in message
Hi

Several of my bowls have warped since the completed turning. Am expecting

chuck soon, if that will help. How am I going to re-turn then.

Keith