Don

Default wolverine accessory needed

I recently saw an artical on an attachment to the wolverine system
that allowed u to do the ellsworth grind on the basic wolverine setup
it retailed for about 100.oo usd and consited of setup for distance
and height and depth of tool..
anyone know the url? tks all
Rusty Myers

Well, Oneway makes the Varigrind jig for the Wolverine setup and you can
kind of get a Ellsworth grind with it. I find it easy to make the sweep
straight back with it. It's about $80.

The other way is to buy the Ellsworth jig from either David Ellsworth or
Woodcraft and make a little piece of wood to fit in the V section of the
Wolverine to hold it at the right height, then slide the arm out of the
right distance. Works fine and much cheaper if all you want it the
Ellsworth grind. I put a magnet in my wood block to hold it in place.

The varigrind jig is much more flexible though. I have 2, one set for my
normal bowl grind and the other for my favorite spindle grind.

--
Rusty Myers
Austin, TX

Don wrote in message ...
I recently saw an artical on an attachment to the wolverine system
that allowed u to do the ellsworth grind on the basic wolverine setup
it retailed for about 100.oo usd and consited of setup for distance
and height and depth of tool..
anyone know the url? tks all

Lyn J. Mangiameli

You can find it he
http://www.dongeiger.com/geigerssolutions.html

Of course for what he asks for it you can obtain the Kelton Sharpening
System that has this ability integrated into the basic unit. The new
Mark II version of this will be out within a few weeks.

Lyn

Don wrote:
I recently saw an artical on an attachment to the wolverine system
that allowed u to do the ellsworth grind on the basic wolverine setup
it retailed for about 100.oo usd and consited of setup for distance
and height and depth of tool..
anyone know the url? tks all

Ken Moon

"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote in message
nk.net...
You can find it he
http://www.dongeiger.com/geigerssolutions.html

Of course for what he asks for it you can obtain the Kelton Sharpening
System that has this ability integrated into the basic unit. The new
Mark II version of this will be out within a few weeks.

Lyn

==========================
Lyn,
Am I missing something or can the same thing be done with a level and steel
ruler?

Ken

Lyn J. Mangiameli

What both the Geiger device and the Kelton Sharpening System offer is a
convenient way to adjust for pivot base height as well as distance from
the wheel. I like the Kelton approach better, as it uses one socket that
a number of different devices can be fitted to (a V notch, a ball and
socket for their gouge jig, the Woodcut TruGrind jig, the Ellsworth jig,
and various custom devices).

I agree though, that there are a lot of other ways to achieve this
functionality (shop made spacers,lengthened pivot arms, etc), if one
already has an existing set up. However,since the capabilities are built
right into the Kelton sharpening system, and it costs no more than the
Wolverine, I think it is a nice way to go.

Lyn

Ken Moon wrote:
"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote in message
nk.net...

You can find it he
http://www.dongeiger.com/geigerssolutions.html

Of course for what he asks for it you can obtain the Kelton Sharpening
System that has this ability integrated into the basic unit. The new
Mark II version of this will be out within a few weeks.

Lyn

==========================
Lyn,
Am I missing something or can the same thing be done with a level and steel
ruler?

Ken

Joe Fleming

If you buy the Vari-Grind jig for the Wolverine DON'T buy it from
where Rusty is shopping. That gizmo can be had for about $50 US.
They must pay BIG prices in Texas.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

Ken Moon wrote:
"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote in message
nk.net...

You can find it he
http://www.dongeiger.com/geigerssolutions.html

Of course for what he asks for it you can obtain the Kelton Sharpening
System that has this ability integrated into the basic unit. The new
Mark II version of this will be out within a few weeks.

Lyn

==========================
Lyn,
Am I missing something or can the same thing be done with a level and steel
ruler?

Ken

Rusty Myers

Oops, you are right. I paid less than that. I was thinking about the
Wolverine system, not the varigrind. It's been a few years since I got
them...

--
Rusty Myers
Austin, TX

om...

Ken Moon wrote:
"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote in message
nk.net...

You can find it he
http://www.dongeiger.com/geigerssolutions.html

Of course for what he asks for it you can obtain the Kelton Sharpening
System that has this ability integrated into the basic unit. The new
Mark II version of this will be out within a few weeks.

Lyn

==========================
Lyn,
Am I missing something or can the same thing be done with a level and

steel
ruler?

Ken

Don

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:23:32 GMT, "Rusty Myers"

Tks all for the input Rusty i think ill set it up as u suggested
that way i can get my wolverine jigs back in use.. tks again .don.
Bob Darrah

The Woodcut system was demo'd at the Woodworking shows last year. Very nice!
Super ease of work. And it takes a minimal grind when doing it. I'm looking
for a buyer for my Wolverine so I can step up to the Woodcut system.

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon
"Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales" wrote in message
The woodcut system is $110.00 US
look it over on our site a free video is available for PC
www.woodcut-tools.com

Don wrote in message ...
I recently saw an artical on an attachment to the wolverine system
that allowed u to do the ellsworth grind on the basic wolverine setup
it retailed for about 100.oo usd and consited of setup for distance
and height and depth of tool..
anyone know the url? tks all

Gordon Clarke

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:56:53 -0700, Don wrote:

I recently saw an artical on an attachment to the wolverine system
that allowed u to do the ellsworth grind on the basic wolverine setup
it retailed for about 100.oo usd and consited of setup for distance
and height and depth of tool..
anyone know the url? tks all

I recently purchased the Ellsworth Gouge and Jig from Woodcraft.
There was an alternative set-up noted there that permits the jig to be
used directly in a Wolverine jig without adjusting the height of the
Pivot in the Wolverine jig.

The standard Ellsworth jig instructions call for three settings:

2" from the tip of the tool to the jig

4" vertically from the axle of the grinding wheel

7" horizontally from the front of the 8" grinding wheel to the pivot
of the jig.

The alternative settings using the Wolverine jig are 2-1/8", 5-1/4",
and 7-1/8" respectively.

I was surprised to find that the only difficult one of these to
physically change (the 5-1/4" vertical height) was almost exactly
where the Wolverine jig was on my set up. (I have the Woodcraft slow
speed 8" grinder.)

I cut a piece of wood (about 1 x 6) to exactly 7-1/8" so I can set
that distance very quickly.

Works like a charm.

Gordon