Ruth

Default General Sold and Staying!

The General is staying in my shop; soon to be ex-shop. The young couple
that bought the farm came yesterday with his father, the father is a flat
woodworker (he lives 6 houses from me), was in the shop with me while the
kids were with house inspector, holding a bowl, he asked "how do you do
this?" I got a bowl blank, put it on the General, put a gouge in his hand,
gave him a few pointers and you know the rest of the story! I ended up
giving him a quick lesson, he took the bowl form (still not even totally
rounded!) to show friends, asked if he could come back for another lesson
and bought the General.

I have a feeling I may make several visits to my shop in the future. Boy,
am I ever going to miss that shop in my barn. For those of you who have
never seen pics of my shop they are on my website (I have to brag a little
because I had the shop framed, windows installed and the ceiling put up, the
rest I did totally alone; insulation, walls, floor, etc.)

Thanks for all the inquiries regarding the General.

Ruth and The ? ....... White Knight? Black Knight?

--
www.torne-lignum.com

Bill Badland

Ruth, I am anxiously waiting to find out what lathe you buy to replace
the General with. Bill

Leo Van Der Loo

Hello Ruth, good to see your back on the rec. and reading that your
doing well.
Also congrats Ruth with your sale and on now to a new page.
Black or white, you proved that to make beautiful turnings you do not
need the best lathe.
Good luck with your new place and the (black or white or any color) new
lathe.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo