George

Default Bandsaw owners - check Iturra Designs

Bruce, if you're a turner, consider a set of ceramics along with the cool
blocks. They're slicker than goose drops and _don't_ wear, so you don't get
that annoying wear on the left guide that comes from cutting a lot of
circles.

Great for resawing, too.

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message
Some of the items I just ordered:
Price (US) Item
6.00 Table shim - my table wasn't 90 degrees in both

directions.
8.00 Wheel shim - To make sure my wheels are coplanar
12.50 Graphite zero clearance inserts (pair)
12.00 Cool Blocks - The ones that came with my Jet are made
with plastic and melts under certain conditions
- depositing plastic over the blades.
5.50 Wheel brush - to keep the tires clean

George

Cool blocks will handle really narrow blades - with wear, of course - if you
use wide blades, ceramics will certainly substitute, but teeth suffer when
they make contact!

I keep both, going to cool blocks at 1/4" and below.

"George" george@least writes:

Bruce, if you're a turner, consider a set of ceramics along with the

cool
blocks.

I didn't mail the letter yet. Are the ceramic guide blocks better than
the graphite blocks? They're only $4 more. I've heard so muuch about
Cool Blocks I figured I'd order them. But the ceramic ones never wear
out, right?

Lyn J. Mangiameli

The Delta Circle Cutting table is excellent for woodturners, in part
because it provides extra table support for larger stock, and in part
because the method of locating the center works very well for wet rought
stock. I wrote a review of it for More Woodturning, which you can get as
a pdf he

http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/lyn.html

As for the ceramic blocks, I like them a lot as well. I use the Iturra
Bandrollers for my top guides and ceramics for the bottom. They are
slick, have little wear, and perform a wiping function on a blade that
has just traveled through wet wood that roller guides can't (actually
they make it worse, packing resins and wet particles against the blade).

I've been singing the praises of Iturra for years, and it seems that
every new catalog offers even more information. Truly a wonderful
resource for woodturners who have or might be considering a bandsaw.

Lyn

Bruce Barnett wrote:
"George" george@least writes:

Bruce, if you're a turner, consider a set of ceramics along with the cool
blocks. They're slicker than goose drops and _don't_ wear, so you don't get
that annoying wear on the left guide that comes from cutting a lot of
circles.

Thanks for the suggestion!
But I have to get a circle cutter too. Or make my own.
Iturra lists 3 different models;
Fastrack: $30
Delta: $85
Bandroller: $35
Decisions, decisions....

George

Iturra Design
4636 Fulton Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
1-888-722-7078
Email is at

Seems the consensus.

"ted harris" wrote in message
Does Iturra Designs have a website or a contact number?
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

(remove .NOJUNK to reply)