Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default It's Been a Whilte

When I first got into turning this group was an invaluable resource for
me. So many turners willing to share their knowledge, so many ideas for
turnings shared.

When ATT and other "providers" dropped UseNet / newsgroup service things
got pretty quite around here and eventually I moved on, stopping in from
time to time to check on who was still participating. When I upgraded
my computer - and operating systems - getting to newsgroup was a low
priority. Thankfully, I kept my old computer around and just got back to
checking on this group. Good to see some familiar names and that the
group has gotten more active again.

Anyway, since I've been gone, I've gotten into all sorts of types of
turning, turning tools, methods of "enhancing pieces AND into ways to
make what is a STATIC piece into a DYNAMIC piece through the use of
LEDs, Servos, Buzzers and even Wind Up Toys. And I've added a lot of
web pages to the Turning Section of my woodworking site.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T.../Turning1.html

I also got into doing YouTube videos on some of my pieces, ideas for
pieces as well as some on How To for turning miniatures (they're fun and
quick to turn, use up "scraps" and great low risk way for practicing
techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/charlieb1946

It's good to be back. Will be spending more time here.

charlieb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

charlieb wrote:
[...]

Good to hear from you again.

--
 GW Ross

 And now for something completely
 different...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 07/19/2013 11:04 AM, charlieb wrote:
When I first got into turning this group was an invaluable resource for
me. So many turners willing to share their knowledge, so many ideas for
turnings shared.

snip

Yeah - I miss those old days with 30 to 50 posts a day. (My wife
doesn't g). Seems everyone's gone to forums now, and spread all over
the place. Still, there's a few of us that still lurk here in the
shadows...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article , charlieb
wrote:

It's good to be back. Will be spending more time here.

Welcome back, charlie. Good to see you posting again.