Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wil Zirkle

Default Padauk-To Beal or not to Beal

I am typing this with hands purple with padauk dust. I and getting
ready to turn the foot off my first piece of padauk. I searched the
archives about finishing it and didn’t see anything about using the
beal buffing system with it. I usually use just the beal, sometime
with coats of mineral oil first to enhance the grain, sometimes just
mineral oil, and a few times I have used salad bowl finish.
The point of my post is that I was just going to leave the wood
unfinished as it got a nice satin look from sanding, but should I put
something on it? I’m not asking about UV protection just in general:
fingerprints, dust...

Thanks,

Wil