Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Scott H.

Default Drying Rough turned green bowls - Pentacryl

I turn all of my bowls green, and have been trying different drying
techniques. I have used the boiling technique, but I still have some
cracking. I have recently tried Pentacryl "The Wood Stabilizer". I
dipped my bowls into the Pentacryl once, and after a few weeks, I
haven't gotten any cracking. But now I'm not sure what to do. It is
easy to tell when my boiled bowls are dry enough to finish turn from
their feel and their weight. How do I know when the rough bowl that
is treated with Pentacryl is ready for finished turning. Do I need to
wait until it feels dry, or can I finish turn the bowl before it feels
dry and not worry about warping or cracking.

Thanks, Scott H.