kma

Default use soap or boil green wood

just read a post about drying wood using soap . I was just about to use
the boil and dry method for some new wood I have. Am I out of date in the
best way to dry green wood . Is there a web site that I can read about this
soap method .
Thanks in advance Klaas

AHilton

It is NOT used to dry. It is merely a stabilizer to be used between turning
sessions.

Ron Kent is most credited for popularizing LDD (Liquid DishWASHING
Detergent) in this way. Find his information at http://www.ronkent.com.
Click on the link for "Techniques" and then scroll down to "Experimental New
Treatment for Wood".

You're not out of date.

- Andrew