DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recorder Making (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/34692-recorder-making.html)

Brian Combs November 28th 03 08:22 PM

Recorder Making

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anybody in the Tacoma to Bremerton area that
makes recorders.

Brian
in Vaughn

Silvan November 29th 03 02:29 AM

Recorder Making

Brian Combs wrote:

I was wondering if there is anybody in the Tacoma to Bremerton area that
makes recorders.

Nope, I'm sure not, but I'm glad you mentioned it. I should look into that
myself. Another lathe project, and a potentially very cool one at that.

I wonder how they get the inside taper right? Interesting...

If you make one, let us know how you fare.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Ray Manning November 30th 03 01:04 PM

Recorder Making

About 5 years ago, I made a dozen or more Native American flutes. I'm not
sure how a recorder is constructed, but I made my flutes by splitting the
blank, routing the chambers then glueing the pieces back together. The
cutting edge was the hardest part and it was done by hand with a small rasp.

- Ray

[email protected] December 1st 03 05:41 AM

Recorder Making

BETA OR VHS??........lol

Brian Combs December 1st 03 02:51 PM

Recorder Making

of course everybody knows that the only way to go is 8 track

Brian

Mark Hancock December 2nd 03 03:01 AM

Recorder Making

Check out Mick O'donell's techniques using a gun boring rod adapted for
woodturning. I believe he used it for flutes or bagpipes

--
Mark Hancock
South Wales, UK