Woodpecker

Default New TV Series

There is a new show on the DIY cable network tonight at 7:00PM called
"Woodturning Basics". Don't know if this is a onetime show or a series. I
know this is short notice but I just saw the listing 5 minutes ago myself.
I wonder who is doing it.

Siegfried

Tim Yoder

Watched it tonight myself. They made a goblet with a captive ring.
Pretty informative. Here is the link to the DIY website and airing
dates of the programs.

http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_dwtn..._15317,00.html

It looks like there are five episodes.

Tim Yoder
Northeastern Oklahoma Woodturners
www.wneo.com

"Woodpecker" wrote in message ...
There is a new show on the DIY cable network tonight at 7:00PM called
"Woodturning Basics". Don't know if this is a onetime show or a series. I
know this is short notice but I just saw the listing 5 minutes ago myself.
I wonder who is doing it.

Siegfried

Dave Sifers

"Woodpecker" wrote in message ...
There is a new show on the DIY cable network tonight at 7:00PM called
"Woodturning Basics". Don't know if this is a onetime show or a series. I
know this is short notice but I just saw the listing 5 minutes ago myself.
I wonder who is doing it.

Siegfried

Dave Hout is a fairly well known turner, I watched the show and
thought it was a good basic show and bound to interest more people.

Dave
Colorado
TW121549

Dave Hout is a fairly well known turner, I watched the show and
thought it was a good basic show and bound to interest more people.

I WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT ALSO.
THOUGH IT WAS A GOOD SHOW AND DAVE DID A GOOD JOB.
THERE IS SO LITTLE COVERAGE ON WOODTURNING ON TV.HOPE IT TURNS INTO A SERIES.
TOM

The Guy

TW121549 wrote:
Dave Hout is a fairly well known turner, I watched the show and
thought it was a good basic show and bound to interest more people.

I WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT ALSO.
THOUGH IT WAS A GOOD SHOW AND DAVE DID A GOOD JOB.
THERE IS SO LITTLE COVERAGE ON WOODTURNING ON TV.HOPE IT TURNS INTO A SERIES.
TOM

DIY's web site indicates that the show is a five part deal. It will be
shown on five consecutive days with a repeat of the first two
installments again at the end.

http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_dwtn..._15317,00.html

I thought the show was fairly well done given the half hour time
limitations.

Tim

MHaseltine

The first night was a maple bowl, 2nd night was a rolling pin from a glued up
block.

Dave Hout demonstrated at our club's symposium during the second weekend in
October. Nice person, low key and a very good teacher. Taught high school
shop, was a principal and then school administration.

Mr. Hout also spins metal using the lathe, which was one of the demos he did at
the symposium. He aslo did a workshop on setting up an inexpensive vaccum
chuck system - total cost for pump, fittings etc around $125 - $135.

Michael

B. Kelsey

Dave Hout is a fairly well known turner, I watched the show and
thought it was a good basic show and bound to interest more people

I met Dave Hout at the Ohio syposium. He's truly a very nice person and a good
woodturning instructor.

Basil Kelsey
Ypsilanti, Mi.
DJ

Not sure if she is really a moron or just plays one on TV

Seriously, while the show was good for the basics, the host's voice-over
narrative did tend to put me to sleep. Somewhat like golf event
commentators -- they almost whisper the commentary. I'd rather see someone
the caliber of Dave Hout act as "his own" host -- but might that's just be
me.

.. .