DAN & CINDY

Default bandsaws

I want to know which bandsaw would give you the most bang for the bucks,
It must be wired 110vlts and being used to resaw lumber.

Devan7

I guess my first problem is I don't know what you really want to do.

Is this an occasional resaw or are you going to be using the saw an hour
a day, five days a week.

It makes a big difference.

Obviously you could buy a Taiwan special 14" bandsaw and you could with
some effort resaw 1" x 4" stock to 1/8 or 3/16. I have done it for some
Shaker Boxes, but can't recommend it. Moving up to a 14" Delta with
riser blocks will gain you some in quality and height, but the machine
is overtaxed so you have to go fairly slow unless you replace the motor
with 1 1/2 or 2 hp, which is more than the machine was designed for.

DAN & CINDY wrote:
I want to know which bandsaw would give you the most bang for the bucks,
It must be wired 110vlts and being used to resaw lumber.

Brian Combs

the question of bandsaws has been discussed at length on the rec.woodworking
group. do a google search and you will have much more information than you
ever wanted. They will talk about the high end Laguna saws, the "mid" range
like the Delta, and the low end like the Harbor Freight. They all have
their plusses and you have to decide based on what you can afford.

Brian