Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default More photos

Just uploaded a bunch more photos of my work to facebook and
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

facebook link he
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=2d8b3f4014

a.b.p.w in the usual place.

Now to get them to the gift shop. The annual Gallery Walk here in
Juneau is Friday night. Hundreds of shoppers will be out.

Yeah baby...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hooked on segments are we ???
I cant stop eather. Good work !!!
It's habbit forming isn't it !!!!

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 0:44:04 -0600, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ):

Just uploaded a bunch more photos of my work to facebook and
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

facebook link he
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=2d8b3f4014

a.b.p.w in the usual place.

Now to get them to the gift shop. The annual Gallery Walk here in
Juneau is Friday night. Hundreds of shoppers will be out.

Yeah baby...

...Kevin

I really like the burl projects, and am going to have to pursue that line
some time. So many projects, so little time. Thanks again for showing me your
segment work.

re the comments about purpose-made friction chucks, I have been having very
good results with a modification to my PSI bowl chuck. I bolt some chunks of
pine to the face of the chuck plate instead of using the rubber covered
screws. I then turn a cavity the size of the vessel or other object I want to
clamp - and then I can tighten this wooden chuck as wanted, to secure the
work. Custom turned friction chucks work good, but the care in getting just
exactly the right size is a source of frustration if you take just one light
cut too many for that final size adjustment. Now, I just need to be close,
and the chuck is easily tightened to the work. Also, I can use this same
setup for multiple copies of the workpiece that are just not exactly the same
size, as needed for a friction chuck. I can not justify the cost of a vac
chuck setup for my little shop (and solid spindle shopsmith)
tom koehler
--
I will find a way or make one.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 12/02/2010 10:00 AM, Jerry - OHIO wrote:
Hooked on segments are we ???
I cant stop either. Good work !!!
It's habit forming isn't it !!!!

Yeah. It's a great way to use up scraps, and the change in grain
direction always seems to add some chatoyance to the piece.

I just wish I knew more tricks. On of these days I'm going to have to
buy a couple books on it - there's some really nicely detailed ones out
that the big names wrote. I hate looking on the web though - I'd rather
peruse them in person then buy the one(s) that best cover the things I
want to do.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 12/02/2010 11:21 AM, tom koehler wrote:

I really like the burl projects, and am going to have to pursue that line
some time. So many projects, so little time. Thanks again for showing me your
segment work.

Yeah - wish they were easier to find around here. I'm too cheap to buy
'em! :-)

[...]

That's a good idea. I have some flat 'jaws' that I screwed large hunks
of wood on, but the smallest step on it is too big for the inside of the
bowl. Never thought about mounting some wood on the jumbo jaws. Thanks!

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
In a recent poll, seven out of ten hard drives preferred Linux.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:39:52 -0600, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ications):

[...]

the threads are metric. The first number in the thread designation is the
diameter in millimeters, the next number is the number of threads per
millimeter. I do not remember the bolt size now - y'gotta take a sample screw
with you to the hardware store.
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.

Photos Tim W[_2_] UK diy 38 December 15th 09 08:23 PM
More photos steamer Metalworking 0 November 2nd 08 06:36 PM
My Photos annanalick Home Repair 0 February 4th 07 05:29 PM
Photos Grumpy owd man UK diy 18 January 31st 06 08:53 PM