DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need A Lesson In Humility? check out this guy's work (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/281404-need-lesson-humility-check-out-guys-work.html)

charlieb June 30th 09 06:00 PM

Need A Lesson In Humility? check out this guy's work

Things have fallen off here pretty significantly so I don't know how
many folks will go and see this man's work - but for the Survivors - you
really should see Stephen Hatcher's pieces. Be prepared for a Lesson In
Humility though.

www.stephenhatcher.com

you will need a newer web browser than Netscaple 3.0 to view the site

charlie b

Ralph[_10_] June 30th 09 08:00 PM

Need A Lesson In Humility? check out this guy's work

On Jun 30, 10:00*am, charlieb wrote:
Things have fallen off here pretty significantly so I don't know how
many folks will go and see this man's work - but for the Survivors - you
really should see Stephen Hatcher's pieces. *Be prepared for a Lesson In
Humility though.

www.stephenhatcher.com

He did a program at the Olympia WA club last month.... I missed it
but his work is IMPRESSIVE

Gerald Ross[_3_] June 30th 09 08:54 PM

charlieb wrote:
Things have fallen off here pretty significantly so I don't know how
many folks will go and see this man's work - but for the Survivors - you
really should see Stephen Hatcher's pieces. Be prepared for a Lesson In
Humility though.

www.stephenhatcher.com

you will need a newer web browser than Netscaple 3.0 to view the site

charlie b

Kinda reminds me of the stuff the Japanese sell the Marines around
Iwakuni. I'm sure it takes much more skill than I will ever have, but
it doesn't appeal to me.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

If an experiment works, you must be
using the wrong equipment.

Boru June 30th 09 08:54 PM

charlieb wrote:

Things have fallen off here pretty significantly so I don't know how
many folks will go and see this man's work - but for the Survivors - you
really should see Stephen Hatcher's pieces. Be prepared for a Lesson In
Humility though.

www.stephenhatcher.com

you will need a newer web browser than Netscaple 3.0 to view the site

charlie b

Think he needs to clean his shop :) Nice work though and of course has given
me a few ideas. Nice find.
--
Boru

LD June 30th 09 09:08 PM

"charlieb" wrote in message
Things have fallen off here pretty significantly so I don't know how
many folks will go and see this man's work - but for the Survivors - you
really should see Stephen Hatcher's pieces. Be prepared for a Lesson In
Humility though.

www.stephenhatcher.com

you will need a newer web browser than Netscaple 3.0 to view the site

charlie b

Nice work and beyond my skills. Far Beyond!

But. Vessels? When is a "Vessel" a "Container" and vice versa? Also
repetitive.

BiffNightly[_2_] July 1st 09 01:29 PM

Need A Lesson In Humility? check out this guy's work

Nice Stuff!
But it doesn't move like Charlie's stuff.

JD July 7th 09 01:27 PM

Need A Lesson In Humility? check out this guy's work

Nice work, but I'll never be able to do it. I don't have the patience
for sanding a piece that long. I read his article that he had on the
web page and realized that turning stone inlay took a lot more time
that I was willing to give. Beautiful work.

JD