Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Live cone centers for woodturning lathe

Why are live cone centers so hard to find? I am new to woodturning and
I hold my breath every time I tighten the tailstock against the bowl
blank with a standard 60° live center for fear that I'll split the
thing. So far that hasn't happened, luckily.
I finally got one on E-Bay last week, but you seldom see them even
listed. I don't see them at Rockler or Woodcraft.

Is this something the REAL wooodturners don't even use? What do YOU do?

Pete Stanaitis