Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default 2004 Town and Country 3.3. Engine runs rough and stalls after filling gas tank.

My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Do you always fill up at the same place? Might be worth trying somewhere
else for a change.

Do you let the tank get almost empty before filling? If so, filling could
disturb sludge (or water) at the bottom of the tank leading to problems
until it settled again. Can you get a reliable sample from the bottom of the
tank? Or consider removing the tank and cleaning it.

Do you fill to the brim? Is the breather in the tank cap clear? If the
breather's not clear you could be getting a partial vacuum which restricts
the fuel flow. You'd only notice this on short trips if the tank is full to
the brim; once there's a bit more air in the tank it would take a longer
trip to cause the same effect. Try clearing the cap breather or just
half-filling the tank.

Ian

"Everett Cotton" wrote in message
My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Everett Cotton wrote:
My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton

Have you changed the fuel filter?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Dave Balderstone" wrote: What size chuck are you gonna need to mount that
sucker on the lathe?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He probably needs to chuck just the gas tank.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks guys, I accidently posted to one of my favorite groups and have
got more replys than I did from the Chrysler group. I read this group
every day. Thanks for the input. By the way I don't think I can get
the van to mount on my lathe.

Thanks again!
Everett
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:54:41 GMT, Nova wrote:

Everett Cotton wrote:
My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton

Have you changed the fuel filter?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:53:32 -0600, Everett Cotton
wrote:

My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton

Check the gas cap yet?

Could be taking a while to get a good seal, but if that's the case, most Cryco
products will show a "check engine" light with a code that indicates emissions
leak.. DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

My Town and Country 2004 3.3 misses and sometimes stalls after filling
up with gasolene. This happens every time the van is filled with gas
for the last severial months. The van runs good the rest of the time.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Everett Cotton

Check the gas cap yet?

Could be taking a while to get a good seal, but if that's the case, most Cryco
products will show a "check engine" light with a code that indicates emissions
leak.. DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

If it's just a good seal you need seems like we could turn a plug.
Maybe you posted to the right group after all.
=0)
Lenny