Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Sharpening

Hi all,
I've only just found this ng so I don't know if it's been asked before...

Can anyone point me in the direction of sharpening information for turning chisels please..

I used to have a chart with pictures and angles etc, but it seems to have walked and I can't find it.

Any good handouts or pamphlets on the subject also useful Please.

Regards

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi,

Wood Central. http://www.woodcentral.com/ has some information on
sharpening, especially some pictures on bowl gouge grinds that I find
helpful.

There's a lot of it on the net, did you google?

OLd Guy

On Dec 2, 4:04*pm, tallboy wrote:
Hi all,
I've only just found this ng so I don't know if it's been asked before...

Can anyone point me in the direction of sharpening information for turning chisels please..

I used to have a chart with pictures and angles etc, but it seems to have walked and I can't find it.

Any good handouts or pamphlets on the subject also useful Please.

Regards

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Dec 2, 2:04 pm, tallboy wrote:
Hi all,
I've only just found this ng so I don't know if it's been asked before...

Can anyone point me in the direction of sharpening information for turning chisels please..

I used to have a chart with pictures and angles etc, but it seems to have walked and I can't find it.

Any good handouts or pamphlets on the subject also useful Please.

Regards

Hello Tallboy,

There is some good basic information located at this web site: http://
www.morewoodturning.net/article3.htm

Hope this helps.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

My personal favorite..... http://www.aroundthewoods.com/sharpening01.html

I built the sharpening Jig using the directions on Darrell's website. It
only took me a few hours one evening and it works great.

Simple, quick, & cheap....what else could you ask for?

Good Luck.

"tallboy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I've only just found this ng so I don't know if it's been asked before...

Can anyone point me in the direction of sharpening information for turning
chisels please..

I used to have a chart with pictures and angles etc, but it seems to have
walked and I can't find it.

Any good handouts or pamphlets on the subject also useful Please.

Regards

Sharpening Clamp - Bench - Saw Sharpening Vise2.jpg (1/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 August 21st 08 06:44 PM
Sharpening Clamp - Bench - Saw Sharpening Vise2.jpg (0/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 August 21st 08 02:17 PM
Help With Sharpening tony Woodturning 7 March 29th 05 12:51 AM
sharpening s griffey Woodworking 2 March 13th 04 03:05 PM
Sharpening buckaroo Woodturning 21 December 6th 03 06:55 PM