Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Of Fresh Edges and Polish Memory

None of us sharpens their gouge _before_ slicing gritty, nasty bark or
cracks loaded with crud, right?

So why is it some Polacks never remember that winter plowing will hide
stones where they can't be picked up even in three passes? Sharpened the
blades prior to putting the mower on the tractor again. Same as last year.
Might even have been the same stones.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George wrote:
None of us sharpens their gouge _before_ slicing gritty, nasty bark or
cracks loaded with crud, right?

So why is it some Polacks never remember that winter plowing will hide
stones where they can't be picked up even in three passes? Sharpened
the blades prior to putting the mower on the tractor again. Same as
last year. Might even have been the same stones.

George,
Spend a couple hours teaching your dog to fetch thrown stones. Then take
him to the area in question and, with an empty hand, make a throwing
motion with your arm while calling out "fetch". If your dog is also
Polish, in under an hour the field will be stone free.

As one of Irish descent, I envy how simple this solution is for you.

I have to round up a leprechaun, locate the exact stone I want moved,
stand in the location I want the stones piled, toss the struggling
leprechaun to the stone, dodge the incoming missile and then chase the
leprechaun down again to begin the process for the next rock. Even with
my postage stamp yard, this can take 2 or 3 leprechauns and half a day!

It's great fun ... but I sometimes think it would be easier if I were
Polish.

;-)

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000742-1, 05/22/2007
Tested on: 5/22/2007 10:18:39 AM