DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Surplus (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/200130-surplus.html)

Dr. Deb May 9th 07 01:29 AM

Surplus

What is the name of the surplus parts place up in the Mid-West that
has "everything?" Â*I had their web site bookmarked, but an "oops" wiped out
that harddrive.

What I am looking for is a vacuum pump to hook up to a vacuum chuck on my
lathe.

Deb

Ecnerwal May 9th 07 02:41 AM

Surplus

In article ,
"Dr. Deb" wrote:

What is the name of the surplus parts place up in the Mid-West that
has "everything?" Â*I had their web site bookmarked, but an "oops" wiped out
that harddrive.

What I am looking for is a vacuum pump to hook up to a vacuum chuck on my
lathe.

Deb

Probably surplus center http://www.surpluscenter.com/

Could be american science and surplus, but not as likely, they have much
less in the way of pumps. Was Jerryco if you're old enough.

http://www.sciplus.com/

The usual suspects...

http://www.herbach.com/

http://www.mpja.com/ (but not for a vacuum pump, I guess)

There are others that are not bubbling to the surface of what serves in
place of a brain some days.

KarlB May 10th 07 01:19 AM

Surplus

"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

What is the name of the surplus parts place up in the Mid-West that
has "everything?" Â*I had their web site bookmarked, but an "oops"
wiped out that harddrive.

What I am looking for is a vacuum pump to hook up to a vacuum chuck on
my lathe.

Deb

Could it be Axeman in St. Paul, MN?

Bill in Detroit May 10th 07 02:08 AM

Surplus

Dr. Deb wrote:
What is the name of the surplus parts place up in the Mid-West that
has "everything?" Â I had their web site bookmarked, but an "oops" wiped out
that harddrive.

What I am looking for is a vacuum pump to hook up to a vacuum chuck on my
lathe.

Deb

Yank Bill Noble's chain. Likely you can pry a nice unit away from him
with a suitable application of legal tender.

Bill (not particularly noble)

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 9:08:41 PM

Arvid Sorsdahl May 10th 07 02:41 AM

Surplus

Too bad you are so far away I have 3 units sitting here doing nothing but
getting in the road. Don't know if they are what you are looking for but
they are too heavy to ship likely.