DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What to do with a checked bowl = Angel (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/194195-what-do-checked-bowl-%3D-angel.html)

triker3 March 5th 07 10:40 PM

What to do with a checked bowl = Angel

Check out the angel this guy made

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODTURNING-ART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Darrell Feltmate March 6th 07 12:48 AM

What to do with a checked bowl = Angel

Did I not just see a "how-to" on this in Woodturning Design? Nope, sorry, it
was the Winter Issue not the Spring. A nicer design too although this is
clearly in the same ball park.

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

[email protected] March 6th 07 04:00 AM

What to do with a checked bowl = Angel

Hi Marty

I made some, couple years ago, have a look if you like, they are in
the WC ornament file under my name.

http://woodcentral.com/newforum/ornaments/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODTURNING-ART-...itemZ200084175...

[email protected] March 6th 07 02:53 PM

What to do with a checked bowl = Angel

I realize that this guy is trying to sell this little piece off
season. And I realize that the design isn't really the best, but he
is only asking $6.95, and still no bids.

A more experienced turner could make that thing very rapidly, but
sheesh... this guy is only asking $7.

I think this actually speaks to the issues brought up in an earlier
thread. If this doesn't prove my point about the market driving
price, nothing will.

(NOTE TO SELF: Stick with making lamps and ornaments to sell at
Christmas. No angels) Ouch.

Robert

Andy Barss March 7th 07 03:42 AM

wrote:
: I realize that this guy is trying to sell this little piece off
: season. And I realize that the design isn't really the best, but he
: is only asking $6.95, and still no bids.

This is on Ebay, which from what I've seen is a fair to terrible
venue for selling turnings.

: I think this actually speaks to the issues brought up in an earlier
: thread. If this doesn't prove my point about the market driving
: price, nothing will.

: (NOTE TO SELF: Stick with making lamps and ornaments to sell at
: Christmas. No angels) Ouch.

Stick to venues that let peopel see the turning in
person, is what I'm told by sellers.

-- Andy Barss

Bill in Detroit March 7th 07 04:41 AM

Andy Barss wrote:

This is on Ebay, which from what I've seen is a fair to terrible
venue for selling turnings.

Stick to venues that let peopel see the turning in
person, is what I'm told by sellers.

Yup ... I put two walnut & polished solid brass candlesticks up there
and got NO bids. They were nice ... they we well worth buying. I was
hoping to get $40 of eBay. I fully expect to sell them ftf for $60.00
(the pair). I had set a $20 reserve and a 99 cent opening bid. Got no
takers at all.

Bill

is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000722-1, 03/07/2007
Tested on: 3/6/2007 11:41:06 PM