Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default What to do with a checked bowl = Angel

Check out the angel this guy made

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODTURNING-ART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Did I not just see a "how-to" on this in Woodturning Design? Nope, sorry, it
was the Winter Issue not the Spring. A nicer design too although this is
clearly in the same ball park.

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"triker3" wrote in message
news
Check out the angel this guy made

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODTURNING-ART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Marty

I made some, couple years ago, have a look if you like, they are in
the WC ornament file under my name.

http://woodcentral.com/newforum/ornaments/

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 5, 5:40 pm, "triker3" wrote:
Check out the angel this guy made

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOODTURNING-ART-...itemZ200084175...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I realize that this guy is trying to sell this little piece off
season. And I realize that the design isn't really the best, but he
is only asking $6.95, and still no bids.

A more experienced turner could make that thing very rapidly, but
sheesh... this guy is only asking $7.

I think this actually speaks to the issues brought up in an earlier
thread. If this doesn't prove my point about the market driving
price, nothing will.

(NOTE TO SELF: Stick with making lamps and ornaments to sell at
Christmas. No angels) Ouch.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Andy Barss wrote:

This is on Ebay, which from what I've seen is a fair to terrible
venue for selling turnings.

Stick to venues that let peopel see the turning in
person, is what I'm told by sellers.

Yup ... I put two walnut & polished solid brass candlesticks up there
and got NO bids. They were nice ... they we well worth buying. I was
hoping to get $40 of eBay. I fully expect to sell them ftf for $60.00
(the pair). I had set a $20 reserve and a 99 cent opening bid. Got no
takers at all.

Bill

is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000722-1, 03/07/2007
Tested on: 3/6/2007 11:41:06 PM