Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Carbide bandsaw blades

I am needing to purchase a new bandsaw blade. I have had good luck
with the timberwolf 3tpi x 1/2" blades but they dont seem to last very
long. I mainly use my Grizzly G1019 (w/ riser) bandsaw for cutting
blanks before mounting on my jet 1236. I do trim most of the blanks
with a chainsaw before making round on bandsaw. So there is still some
bark which is probably dulling the blade. I mainly use green wood that
is about 6" deep or less.

So what are everyone thoughts on carbide blades for rounding blanks.

Here is the one I was looking at purchasing.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/H6998
At $53 if it would out last two timberwolf blades it would be more
economical.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Steve Massman