DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adaptor (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/187451-adaptor.html)

Bob Daun December 29th 06 06:09 PM

Adaptor

I have a Shopsmith and have used it for about 15 to turn wooden bowls up to
about 11" in diameter (both natural wood and segmented). I found that I am
doing more and more woodturning (mostly bowls) and decided to move up to a
little larger dedicated wood lathe. I have a Jet 1442 on order and should
have it in a week or so. I have a lot of accessories for my Shopsmith (face
plates,etc) that I would like to use on my new lathe if possible. What I
would like to know is if anyone can give me a source for an adaptor that
would have a straight 5/8 " male connector on one side and a female 1" x
8TPI on the other side.

--
Bob Daun

William Noble December 29th 06 07:50 PM

Adaptor

yes of course, I make these, see my web page, www.wbnoble.com, click on
faceplates - basically, I drill and ream a piece of allthread, seems to work
well

. ..