Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Anyone here have the Craftsman Var. Spd. 351.217.150?

Hey all,

I got one used a while back and am just putting it on a stand and set
up. Haven't used a lathe since HS (that's 30+ yrs) so I've got a lot to
re-learn. Anyway, I'm interested if anyone here has that model and
would be willing to photocopy the manual for me (I'd pay for postage of
course). I got a parts breakdown on sears.com, and they have a manual
that's around $6, which is fair, but I have a problem when they want $8
to mail it. Maybe I'm being too cheap, I dunno, but that just gets in
my craw.

It would also be great if anyone could give me headsups and caveats if
they apply to this machine.

The only problem I've had so far is that the tailstock base won't fit
into the groove on the bed. I may have to take a file to it, but I'm
worried about keeping everything perfectly centered.

Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I have the same lathe. In fact I have owned one for seven or eight years.
Nice lathe. The manual is basically a parts break down and one of the most
elementary of turning manuals ever. Next best thing to useless. A lot of
what it tells you about lathe set up is things like "do not stand in a
puddle of water while handling electrical cords" and so on. What do you need
to know?

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

ups.com...

Thermal Arc 351 jw Metalworking 0 March 15th 06 03:42 PM
Rockwell var speed drill press, belts Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 1 November 5th 05 04:39 AM
ALT-217 monitor Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\ Electronics Repair 1 October 26th 04 03:05 PM
Need info re spindle taper and stuck chuck on Craftsman 150 drill press Bruno Metalworking 2 September 23rd 03 06:13 PM
Need info re spindle taper and stuck chuck on Craftsman 150 drill press Bruno Woodworking 3 September 23rd 03 06:13 PM