Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default paper pot maker

Can anyone direct me to a site for plans on turning one of these things.
SWMBO does a lot of gardening from seeds and this would be a great tool.
TIA
Marty

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

triker3 wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a site for plans on turning one of these things.
SWMBO does a lot of gardening from seeds and this would be a great tool.
TIA
Marty

As posted by another member here a few days ago:

From: Mark Fitzsimmons - view profile
Date: Wed, Nov 29 2006 5:43 pm
Email: "Mark Fitzsimmons"
Groups: rec.crafts.woodturning
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I found an easy to turn present I'll be making for my green thumb
relatives:

http://pathtofreedom.com/peddlerswag...ls/index.shtml
newspaper seedling pot maker

They also have a better picture at Lee Valley:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...at=2,44713,407...

Remember, Google is your friend for searching newsgroups.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

triker3 wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a site for plans on turning one of these things.
SWMBO does a lot of gardening from seeds and this would be a great tool.
TIA
Marty

Marty,
I really suspect that there are no published plans for these. They are
simple enough, though, that one or two experimental pieces should reveal
all you need to know about sizes and shapes. Even unfinished, they
should last a good long time. Run up a few spares and you should be set
for life.

If I get my backlog of orders cleared (it's getting close, so close), I
plan to fiddle around and figure out how to make these, myself. I don't
think I could make them cheaply enough to sell them, but I garden
organically and could use a couple for myself. Not only are they cheaper
than pressed-peat pots, but if I run low, I can whip up more for little
more than the time to cut a few strips and whack them with a mallet.

Before the fault finders chip in with their iffy chemistry, let me point
out that the ink used by most newspaper publishers (and all the ones
local to me) is no longer solvent based.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0656-0, 12/11/2006
Tested on: 12/11/2006 3:56:37 PM

Paper Log Maker Patty UK diy 3 August 9th 06 09:42 PM
removed wall paper and drywall paper came off with it PipeDown Home Repair 3 June 14th 06 04:01 AM
Segmented Pot Greg G. Woodturning 5 January 28th 06 03:44 AM
Paper log maker David W.E. Roberts UK diy 22 February 21st 05 10:30 PM
pot light ultra Home Repair 8 October 12th 04 01:15 AM