Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Lathe Chisel Storage

I need to build a storage system for my chisels and chucks.
I have an old Delta 46-450 lathe and I do not like to store the items on the
front "Skirt".

I am looking for Ideas on storage. If anyone has any good setup I would
love to see a picture.

Thanks

Rick

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Rick Cox" writes:

I am looking for Ideas on storage. If anyone has any good setup I would
love to see a picture.

A bucket w/PVC pipes for the chisels.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Rick whole load of ideas on the LaymarCraft Web Site.

http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

Look in the Hints and Tips Section

RVS

"Rick Cox" wrote in message
m...
I need to build a storage system for my chisels and chucks.
I have an old Delta 46-450 lathe and I do not like to store the items on

the
front "Skirt".

I am looking for Ideas on storage. If anyone has any good setup I would
love to see a picture.

Thanks

Rick

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Rick

Charlie had a writeup on a fancy tool storage setup, you might like it,
also very nice if you have to take your tools along someplace.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...Turning11.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Rick Cox wrote:
I need to build a storage system for my chisels and chucks.
I have an old Delta 46-450 lathe and I do not like to store the items on the
front "Skirt".

I am looking for Ideas on storage. If anyone has any good setup I would
love to see a picture.

Thanks

Rick

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:51:17 GMT, "Rick Cox"
wrote:

That was great,
You should post that on ABPW for others to see.

I did right after completion.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

O.K., I reposted them.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:18:14 -0600, "Tom" wrote:

Please post again. Thanks!

.. .
wrote:

That was great,
You should post that on ABPW for others to see.

I did right after completion.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George Max wrote:
O.K., I reposted them.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:18:14 -0600, "Tom" wrote:

Please post again. Thanks!

. ..

wrote:

That was great,
You should post that on ABPW for others to see.

I did right after completion.

Only your message came through. no photos.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

That was great,
You should post that on ABPW for others to see.

I did right after completion.

Only your message came through. no photos.

I don't know what's happen at your end, but when I checked at work and
now at home they're there. The pics are actually in a second message
containing 3 images.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George Max wrote:

I did right after completion.

Only your message came through. no photos.

Are you looking in the right spot? He didn't post them here at r.c.w.,
he posted them at a.b.p.w. (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking). There
are two files--one header file and one huge file with the images.
Depending on how your newsreader works, you may or may not need the
small, housekeeping file.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George Max wrote:

O.K., I reposted them.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:18:14 -0600, "Tom" wrote:

Please post again. Thanks!

m...

wrote:

That was great,
You should post that on ABPW for others to see.

I did right after completion.

Only your message came through. no photos.

I don't know what's happen at your end, but when I checked at work and
now at home they're there. The pics are actually in a second message
containing 3 images.

I don't know what's happening either, but I only received your first
message.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:44:45 GMT, Ralph Fedorak wrote:

George Max wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:50:53 GMT, Ralph Fedorak wrote:

I don't know what's happen at your end, but when I checked at work and
now at home they're there. The pics are actually in a second message
containing 3 images.

I don't know what's happening either, but I only received your first
message.

Check your email. I sent a message with a file attachment containing
2 pictures.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I've lost the original to this thread, but I'll follow-up anyway. When I'm at
demonstrations I use the 2"PVC in a bucket system, but at home it's a bit more
of a woodworking project. See http://mike.vorefamily.net/thewoodenradio and
a picture is visible.

--
Mike Vore
http://www.OhMyWoodness.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article JNH8h.9516$mM1.5080@trndny08,
mike vore wrote:

http://mike.vorefamily.net/thewoodenradio

I use something similar, with one refinement - the surface is longer
than any gouge stored on it, so the tips are not "out in space".

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I made a tool bin buy tking one of those plastic milk crates, and gluing in
a bunch of sections (about 12" long of 1-1/2 in dia PVC water or waste pipe
to hold each tool.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:06:42 GMT, "Rick Cox" wrote:

I need to build a storage system for my chisels and chucks.
I have an old Delta 46-450 lathe and I do not like to store the items on the
front "Skirt".

I am looking for Ideas on storage. If anyone has any good setup I would
love to see a picture.

Thanks

Rick

Help with wiring of old lathe wrace Metalworking 0 May 11th 06 03:37 AM
Stainless Steel Project Help(part 2) [email protected] Metalworking 22 March 4th 06 04:47 PM
Rikon Lathe David Pugh Woodturning 2 October 29th 05 06:30 AM
Some basic metal lathe questions Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 July 19th 05 10:18 AM