Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Threading tools

Hi all......
Wanting to learn how to thread boxes but don't know which threading
tools to buy......Which threading tools is the better one..Crown,
Robert Sorby, Allen Batty, or is there others... need help.

Willy

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I'm glad this subject has been brought up. I too am interested in
opinions on threading tools. Also, other than practice, are there any
good videos that teach threading?

Stephen DiCenso

Bill Noce wrote:
Hi all......
Wanting to learn how to thread boxes but don't know which threading
tools to buy......Which threading tools is the better one..Crown,
Robert Sorby, Allen Batty, or is there others... need help.

Willy

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Willy - I haven't used any of the above, but the business end of
threaders is pretty simple -
I got a set of old dies from a metal threader and welded a bolt to them
for a handle -works great and cost me $5. You could go cheaper by
grinding a 2 sides of a 1 inch threaded section, feathering the lead-in
threads, and welding on handles.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Bill we have the expert on wood threading posting right here on the
wrec.
Fred holder, and he has taken the time to write a book about the
procedure and the tools.
Got a link here to Lee Valley they carry the book, and I think you
should get it if you don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speek.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,46096,46126

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo