Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default First attempts at faceplate turning

Some pics of my first albiet somewhat crude attempts at faceplate turning.

Starting to get better at it, and have a pile of redwood burl blanks and
color-streaked hickory blanks, as well as apple, figured maple, zebrawood,
walnut, and cherry blanks, cut up and ready to turn.

So far I like turning the hickory the best, except for the shower of hot hot
splinters on my hand. I like turning the box elder and the redwood the
least, because they are soft and weak, and they keep exploding every time I
think I have some great idea.

Here are pics of the first few:
http://tjwoodworking.com/work18.htm

--