DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jet 1442 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/164756-jet-1442-a.html)

Dr. Deb June 5th 06 09:53 PM

Jet 1442

I heard a noise I did not like on the hand wheel end of the headstock and
decided to replace the bearings in the headstock. Two queestions:

Has anyone done this?

Is there anything to especially watch out for?

Thanks

Deb

RonB June 6th 06 02:56 AM

Jet 1442

If you haven't already replaced the bearings, try cleaning it out real well.
The speed control on some of the earlier ones can get sticky and a little
noisy. I pull the cover off and blow the sawdust out from time to time.
Also wipe the belt. The whole process take just a few minutes.

RonB

Dr. Deb June 6th 06 04:38 AM

Jet 1442

RonB wrote:

If you haven't already replaced the bearings, try cleaning it out real
well. The speed control on some of the earlier ones can get sticky and a
little
noisy. I pull the cover off and blow the sawdust out from time to time.
Also wipe the belt. The whole process take just a few minutes.

RonB

At this point I have the bearings out (failed to notice the middle on and
have to pick it up tomorrow). However, will remember the tip in the
future.

Thanks

Deb