Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Bollinger

Default More on Vacuum Drying

Here is some information I've found that was useful to me. There seems to be
three methods of vacuum drying. 1. Cyclic temperature and vacuum (used by
commercial dryers) 2. Constant vacuum with fresh air intake using heated
shelves 3. Constant vacuum using ambient heat (as in the article below). All
methods seem to use 15-18mm Hg vacuum. Dan

A technical description of the process from VacuTherm
http://www.vacutherm.com/intermit.htm

From the Forest Products Journal (not from the FPL):
VACUUM DRYING OF SMALL WOOD COMPONENTS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
http://www.allbusiness.com/periodica.../821561-1.html

Drying Wood in a Vacuum Fred Holder Woodturning 16 April 24th 06 07:48 AM
Vacuum drying?? Bill B Woodturning 14 October 9th 05 12:38 AM
Almost done with my home-made vacuum press. Anyone else done one? Joe Emenaker Woodworking 15 August 8th 04 12:23 AM
Riccar Radiance Vacuum review Clinton Bast Home Ownership 1 June 2nd 04 02:51 PM
How to make a vacuum kiln in 20 screwups or less. Steve Knight Woodworking 3 July 26th 03 06:12 AM