Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy

Default RW 90

I was just down getting my old CBN grinding wheel dressed, and ordering
another one, and bought my gouge down to show them what I grind, and
how. The guy there mentioned electroplating the flute on the gouge with
a product they call RW 90. He said that it is a hard crome and diamond
material that adds life to wood cutting surfaces and helps keep wood,
pitch, etc. from sticking to the blades. Has anyone heard of this? He
said that it is used a lot on planers and moulders in the lumber
industry around here (Oregon). Cost of application would be around
$1.25 per inch.
robo hippy