Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Art Ransom

Default CNC wood lathe

Anyone out there know of anyone who has built a CNC wood lathe? I am in the
design phase and hope to start building within the month. Specs are 24"
swing, 10' 6" between centers and also can be used as a CNC router of 4' by
10'. Development updates will be added to my site.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

www.turningaround.org

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

"Art Ransom" wrote:

Anyone out there know of anyone who has built a CNC wood lathe? I am
in the design phase and hope to start building within the month.
Specs are 24" swing, 10' 6" between centers and also can be used as a
CNC router of 4' by 10'. Development updates will be added to my
site.

Ping Morris Dovey over in rec.woodworking , he does a lot of CNC work.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:06:44 -0600, "Art Ransom" wrote:

Anyone out there know of anyone who has built a CNC wood lathe? I am in the
design phase and hope to start building within the month. Specs are 24"
swing, 10' 6" between centers and also can be used as a CNC router of 4' by
10'. Development updates will be added to my site.

Great pen turning lathe! *lol*

It sounds like an interesting (and hopefully profitable) project, Art, please
keep us updated..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis