Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Default Wood Supplier in Florida - Constentines

I was talking to Curt Theobald earlier today, and he mentioned a wood
veneer supplier in Florida named Constentine's sp.

I have not been able to find anything online concerning this company.
Has anyone heard of them, and if so, got a web address or phone
number?

Thanks,

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Weber

Greg G. wrote:
I was talking to Curt Theobald earlier today, and he mentioned a wood
veneer supplier in Florida named Constentine's sp.

I have not been able to find anything online concerning this company.
Has anyone heard of them, and if so, got a web address or phone
number?

Thanks,

Greg G.

Greg,
They're in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. A very old and established company.
Website http://www.constantines.com/index.asp
Phone 1-800-443-9667.
They've always had an excellent assortment of veneers, probably (as far
as I know) the best in the country.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island, FL

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G.

Tom Weber said:

Greg,
They're in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. A very old and established company.
Website http://www.constantines.com/index.asp
Phone 1-800-443-9667.
They've always had an excellent assortment of veneers, probably (as far
as I know) the best in the country.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island, FL

Doh! Shoulda spelled it write g.

Thanks for the info - how I've managed to avoid noticing them this
long is a mystery. They have several exotics I've not seen anywhere
but in finished pieces - now I know where they came from.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:56:38 -0500, Greg wrote:

I was talking to Curt Theobald earlier today, and he mentioned a wood
veneer supplier in Florida named Constentine's sp.

I have not been able to find anything online concerning this company.
Has anyone heard of them, and if so, got a web address or phone
number?

You'll have better luck if you look under "Constantine's"

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bradford Chaucer

Constantines was in NY for years and years till they moved to Florida about
10 years ago. I visited them numerous times over the years; a totally
wonderful place. You could wander around the back rooms, lust over all the
exptic stuff and run your fingers over the veneer and lumber stock, looking
for that just right piece. They also had great displays of tools and some
really fantastic woodworking in the show room. Trying to do business in an
odd corner of the Bronx finally became too much and they departed for
friendlier climes.