Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default FA: DC motor (120V) to power a small lathe.

I ended up with a treadmill motor (new) that I dion't need - these are
ok for powering a small lathe where you want variable speed. I would
not trust the "2.65 HP" rating of the motor, I'd think of it as a 1/2
HP motor - so it should be good for a mini lathe or maybe a midi, but
not a large lathe. The flywheel could come in helpful also.

here's the link
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com