Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk
Unhappy Drying roughed bowls

Hi
After a previous post about sealing the outside of my bowl with pva glue ( no anchorseal in the uk ) i'm still getting about a quarter with small to very bad splits.
I have roughed out the bowl leaving the wall between 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Then painting the outside with pva glue and bring indoors to dry. I've tried neat glue and also one third water mix for better penetration, with mixed results on all. The wood i've been using has been on a wood pile for a few months, open to the elements and has been birch, ash and oak.
Can any one tell me what i'm doing wrong or is 1 in 4 split rough bowls to be expected
TIA
Mark